Motor Insurance can cover losses due to traffic accidents or theft to owner of a vehicle, who is the policy holder. Offer you the easiest way to Compare & get Best Motor Insurance Quotes from leading Insurance companies in USA and Buy Online.
How is the premium charged under motor insurance?
The premium in a Motor Insurance Policy is regulated by the India Motor Tariffs, operating in the Madras , Bombay , Delhi and Calcutta Regions. For private cars, the rating considerations are:
Cubic Capacity of the Insured Vehicle
Insured’s estimate of the full value of the vehicle and zone in which the vehicle operates (The premium will also vary depending on whether an ‘A Policy’ or a ‘B Policy’ is purchased)
Why Motor Insurance and Online Motor Insurance Quotes
Legally, no motor vehicle is allowed to be driven on the road without valid insurance. Hence, it is obligatory to get the vehicle insured. Motor Insurance Policies cover against any loss or damage caused to the vehicle or its accessories due to the following natural and man made calamities.
Natural Calamities: Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide.
Man made Calamities: Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, terrorist activity, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
Motor Insurance provides compulsory personal accident cover for individual owners of the vehicle while driving. One can also opt for a personal accident cover for passengers and third party legal liability.
Motor Insurance – Tips
- IDV means Insured’s declared value – this is the value for which your vehicle itself is insured for. The computer calculates this amount for you.
You can change the computer calculated IDV up to + or – 5% . Any further change may affect you during the claim process.
- You get Rs. 200 on Private Car and Rs. 50 on Two Wheeler as a discount if you are a member of an Automobile Association in your region.
- You get Rs. 500 discount for installing anti-theft device in your vehicle.
- Your third party cover does not cover the passengers in your vehicle.
- You will unnecessarily pay more by over valuation; will suffer significantly during claim process by under valuation.